Saturday, February 11, 2012

Aldo Fedora Hat

Before Dubai Shopping Festival, I already saw this in the store but it was expensive at that time and although I was almost tempted to buy it, I didn't. And then I saw it again on sale! Yes! My Aldo Fedora Hat.

"A fedora hat is a men's felt hat. The term is generic, describing any men's hat that does not already have another name.

The hat is typically creased lengthwise down the crown and "pinched" in the front on both sides, though the creasing does not define the hat. Fedoras can also be creased with teardrop crowns, diamond crowns, center dents, and others, and the positioning of pinches can vary. The typical crown height is 4.5 inches (11.4 centimeters).

The brim is usually approximately 2.5 inches (6.3 centimeters) wide, but may be wider, can be left "raw edged" (left as cut), finished with a sewn overwelt or underwelt, or bound with a trim-ribbon. A trilby hat, as a contrary example, has a slightly narrower brim than a typical fedora; the trilby's is thus more sharply upturned in back and downturned in front than one sees in a typical larger fedora.

The term fedora was in use as early as 1891. Its popularity soared, and eventually it eclipsed the similar-looking Homburg (which is also a type of fedora). Fedoras can be found in nearly any color, but black, grey, tan ("fawn"), and dark brown are the most popular." (Source: Wikipedia)

Please excuse me for taking photos of myself wearing my hat. I just can't help it. I so love it.

Front view of the hat.

Side view of the hat.


Anyway, I consider this item my top favorite because this was my birthday gift to myself. Hahaha!

All the best,

No comments: