Friday, July 18, 2008

The Secret Revealed

Yes, it is! Five years of being together and 2 months after our marriage. And today I got a gift from Far-ouT! I really wasn't expecting it. Few days back I go gaga over one book I was reading, borrowed from a flatmate. I saw it when we were roaming around Carrefour Supermarket in City Center. While reading the backside of the book, my mind was saying "buy it, buy it." Then she said she has a copy and she'll let me borrow it. Good! Now, i save few bucks once again.



Some of you, I believe already have one but I only had mine recently. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, copy righted 2006 has been understood by some of the most prominent people in history: Plato, Galileo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, Einstein-along with other inventors, theologians, scientists, and great thinkers and now it is being revealed to the world. As you learn the The Secret, you will come to know how you can have, bem or do anything you want. You will come to know who you really are. You will come to know the magnificence that awaits you in life. (words copied from the book)

Was that really inspiring? All our lives, we kept on searching for answers to all the questions of the world. And this is the first time that I really got interested in reading one. Maybe at first, it was plain curiosity. But then while reading, the content of it made me realize a lot of things. It even answered some questions of my mind that remain unanswered until now. I becoming aware of my thoughts and the power of it to change my life and just for the record, I posted one blag! last 28th June at 4:45 PM, entitled "Ang nakatakda o Ang pagtatakda! San ka nga ba dapat maniwala." I'm not really sure if that lead me to the book, but six days after that post, i discovered it.

Let me share a few part of it and how I was starting to believe.

"The greatest teachers who have ever lived have told us that the law of attration is the most powerful law in the universe."

"A young man watched the secret and start with something small. He created a picture of a feather in his mind, and he made sure this feather was unique. 2 days later, he was about to walk into a high rise building on a street in New York City. He said he did not know why, but he just happened to look down. There at his feet, at the entrance to a high-rise building in New York City, was the feather! Exactly the feather he had imagined."

I was asking myself if that was really possible. Anyway, it was only one of the many wonders shared in the book so I did not make a big fuss out of it. Far-ouT and I went to Burjuman mall few days back...while walking home, I look down, which I don't often do, I'm one of the many who walk with head straight ahead, and there I saw in front of my foot was a feather. Right there and then I remembered the story. I smiled. I didn't share it with anyone, might think I'm paranoid. But then again, I told you, I am becoming aware of the things around me now. And so it goes.

This book was also one of the things I tried imagining owning. Though, I was really planning to buy one come payday, as a gift for our monthsary came a surprise. I told Far-ouT how I wanted to have a copy, not expecting he'll buy me one because I knew that he doesn't have an extra money till end of the month and its been a while now since the last time he gave me a gift for our monthsary. And when I received, I was so happy!

Like this story of one person who wants to own his very own copy of "The Secret" without really buying one. He got it from the people behind the book when they gave away some of it for free. He's only feeling that he already has it and so after a few days, got one.

"See the things that you want as already yours. Know that they will come to you at need. Then let them come. Don't fret and worry about them. Don't think about your lack of them. Think of them as yours, as belonging to you, as already in your possession."

I know how weird it sound sharing this. And I am not forcing anyone to believe. I am just writing this for my own record.

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step."

No comments: