Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Relaksasi Day

I’ve been wanting a massage for the longest time. I never had a chance to have it while in Dubai…Aside from the fact that it will be luxury to have such a treat, it’s not as available anywhere as it is here in Manila. As far as I remember, the last time i had a relaxing 1 hour shiatsu was last year, May 2008, after i got married and before we fly back to Dubai to work again.

When I went home last March, I still did not get any chance for a pregnancy massage which by the way has many benefits for then pregnant like me. ” Pregnancy massage has been found to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs and relieve aches and pains in the muscles and joints.” – About.com. Sadness. Anyway, so much for my whining. As I am now a mother to a gorgeous little girl.

My first few weeks of taking care of my daughter was a riot. As a first time mom, it was hard to adjust to motherhood especially when my husband is working abroad and I am a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom) at the moment. I feel at lost then, because my baby is breastfed, there are sleepless nights until now but then this is not an issue to me as I intend to breastfeed her for as long as my supply will allow. Our room was also a mess, everything was disorganized, and I can’t seem to recover. Now, I got use to my routine and i can say that I can move on to my next priorities. My child still and WORK.

But before anything else. I need to recharge my energy and relax my mind and body. Massage came to my mind.

Finally, the long wait is over as we had our relaxing 1-hour massage. We chance upon Relaksasi located in the 5th floor, Building A of SM Megamall. First, this spa is convenient for me since they have a branch in my favorite mall. Also, the reception itself has a nice ambiance that would entice stressed individuals like us.

For a traditional holistic theraphy, we chose to try a different type of Massage which is the Hilot (P750). As what wa explained to us, this is like shiatsu but strokes are different as this one concentrates on removing “lamig” in our body. This type of massage is more expensive than Swedish (P550), Shiatsu (P550), Combination of the two (P550), Thai (P695) and Tuina Massage (P600) but cheaper that Balinese (P850), Ayuverda (P850). We have yet to try several of the others.

Their place were maze like, you might end up at lost if no one will assist from the staff. After we have decided on what service we want, We were asked to choose a in-house cold or hot tea which was serve after the massage. Pia chose the cold one and I had the hot tea which was by the way, refreshing and a real nice one. Not your ordinary tea.

We were headed to our nice room, with soft, tranquil music and change our clothes to their towels and robe. Our things was placed on their lockers for safe keeping. We went to 15-minute sauna and headed to their bathroom for a quick bath in preparation for the main event. I love the eucalyptus smell of their shampoo and liquid soap.

The one hour break was very relaxing and peaceful. It soothe my aching muscles and relax my mind even for a short period of time. It definitely renewed my spirit and recharge my energy that I need for my 2-month old baby. It was one of the treats that you would want to have regularly.

By our next visit, we plan to have a Javanese lulur massage salt and oil (P950) and maybe…just maybe a pedicure too.

No comments: