Saturday, February 19, 2011

Uno Chicago Grill

My blog is not particular about food. But from the past few entries that I had, I always end up writing about it. I'm hoping to have another topic to write about soon so watch out for it.

Judging from the name itself. I'm guessing that we had an American cuisine this time, although I cannot really tell what American foods are? Hamburgers? Fries? Mcdonald's? Well, I don't really know. All I know is that Italian is known for pizza and pasta. Japanese foods are sushi and tempura. Chinese would be chopsticks? Haha! Anyway, I have no idea why it is called by its name and I don't think the food is anything American, maybe you'll be the judge to that as you went on reading...

First of, for appetizer, Far-ouT and yours truly chose their Mandarin Chicken Salad (Dhs 34).



Its a combination of sliced grilled chicken on greens with carrots, red peppers and mandarin orange topped with crispy noodles, and tossed in a light mandarin dressing. They have a big serving of the salad and its already good for 2-3 persons.

For the main course, it is Salmon, shrimp and haddock combination (Dhs 77).




We just ordered one of these because of the big serving. Its a combination of tangy lemon-basil-grilled Norwegian Salmon, based Icelandic haddock , and a skewer of grilled marinated shrimp, Served with rice pilaf and steamed vegetable.

I love shrimp so most of it went to me, half of the salmon and just a few bite of the haddock. Far-ouT is a fish lover so he enjoyed the remaining choices, though, the haddock was bland to the taste but the bread crumbs added an exciting bite to it.

We also ordered an extra rice pitaf (Dhs 10) and skinless baked (Dhs 10). Talking about carbs here and there.




I must say, I like their skinless baked. Mashed potatoes baked with cheddar and bacon, topped with sour cream.

Oh please, do not order their bottomless iced tea. I can't even taste the tea. I thought I was drinking water with sugar which I even requested for additional syrup because its just plain tasteless. Lipton iced tea was way better than this one. Hate! Hate! Hate!




But! Just wait. This is the best of it all...I super love their Chicago cheesecake (Dhs 27)! Yummy! I had to take it home and enjoy the taste for 2 days. The best cheesecake so far in Dubai.




Served with strawberry and topped with whipped cream.

I will come back again just for this cheesecake. I am a chocolate lover but their cheesecake is definitely a second choice.

So from the names of the food, its hard to know what kind of cuisine they offer, right? If you have notice the names of their menu, you know that some of them are named after countries. Mandarin and Icelandic are examples.

The ambiance was very American though,








Pardon me for the photos, as you all know, I am only using my mobile phone. Aside from the fact that I don't own a nice camera as yet for my blog entries, my camera on my mobile phone is very handy. I can take pictures anytime I want. I like the last photo which says, "the legend is born."

If you would like to visit and try their food. They are location at City Centre, just near the cinema. Find this sign



Enjoy.

No comments: