Friday, June 8, 2012

RAK rocks!

Believe it or not, it took me like a week or so to compose this particular entry. Its not a piece that would win an award but I've been lost for words and my blog is becoming more of a photo blog now. That made me sad. I'm really not an expert in writing and although posting one photo can speak a thousand words, I also wanted to minimize the silence of my voice and avoid having a photo album. I wish to have a better blog entry soon, but for now, this will do.

Just like what we did on my birthday, we decided to have a simple dinner at home on my Mini-Me's 3rd Birthday and spent a weekend getaway away from all the hassle and bustle of Dubai A-Living. We have chosen a very good deal at groupon and roadtrip to Ras Al Khaimah. It was an easy one however, I missed to bring the one essential part of our trip, our swimsuits. My bad. Thank goodness! Far-ouT is a patient driver, otherwise, it would not be a nice long drive. 

It was a one hour and a half with no traffic from Dubai. A stress-free travel. The outside of the hotel was nothing special.





Upon arrival, we were greeted with a very familiar sight in most places - Filipino staff, which is always a good thing as you get the most out of everything. Hehehe.


Yes, he is a Filipino. He immediately gave us complimentary drinks and offered arabic tea and dates.



On top of the round table is a nice, simple and yet elegant chandelier.




This area is a cafe restaurant. We weren't able to try any thing from their menu though. As you know, most of hotel cafe and restaurant prices are extremely expensive so we'd rather dine out.



This is the reception area on the right, opposite the cafe. Of course, the Filipina receptionist was accommodating and gave us unlimited wifi internet access in our room. It wasn't that long before we were given the keys to our room. Say, less than 15 minutes?




Off to our room 1207


We were given a really nice room, although I would have preferred a king or a queen size bed instead of 2 singles beds. (If you just told me, I would have requested for that).



but I so love this bathroom.


Complimentary coffee and water.


These are the views from outside our room. Nice...right?





and during the night,


I get to roam around the place after our swim and I would recommend the place if ever you would pass by.


They have a small pool area


and a mini pool bar



They have a gym as well


and shower rooms


and the best part of it, is the buffet breakfast.





Just a gentle reminder - if you wish to roam around public areas of Ras Al Khaimah, It is not recommended to wear shorts short or sleeveless tops, wear something that would not show too much of your skin. Also, if you are travelling on a Friday, make sure you have something to eat over lunch, as most of the restaurants and malls are closed between 11:00 - 2:00 PM. Hope that helps!


All the best,

No comments: