Saturday, October 18, 2014

Am I a Hypochondriac?

My friend and I just had a conversation just a few hours ago, that I am so paranoid about being sick. You see, I am feeling a heavy pain in my chest a few week's back. So I had myself check. The doctor ordered x-ray and ECG and all my tests turned out to be normal. But I guess the Doctor felt I wasn't convince, so again ordered several tests for me just to ease my mind.  I again went to the hospital today, after they seek approval from my medical card. Today, they took blood from me to tests my Total T3, T4 , TSH, Na, K, CI (Please don't ask me what are those for...I have no idea) Then I went through 2D echo, where I could  hear the sound of my heartbeat.

and finally, the stress test, where they put sticky patches on me and made me run in a treadmill barefooted, they didn't tell me though when to stop and the rate just keeps on increasing. I wasn't prepared for it and I just lasted for 10 minutes.

After all the tests, the Doctor told me that all are normal. Except for the blood tests, I need to wait for 2 days to get the result.  I was relieved of course, only thing is that, I can't get this nagging feeling that it isn't. Then I thought of searching this psychological disorder just for the heck of it and come across Hypocondria, the excessive preoccupancy or worry about having a serious illness. I think I have a mild one. Nothing to be worried about. By the way, this is just a thought, that I now intend to forget. 

Anyway, I am just happy that all is well. Just waiting for the final result of all the tests and hope everything is alright. 

I just want to share, 1 funny photo of me after we left the hospital.



Someone left something on me. 

All the best,



No comments: