Hers was a mild one but we want to make sure that everything is alright…or else I’ll go panicky again…Paranoid, as what Far-ouT always tells me. Any thing unfamiliar sound from Bella, alarmed me. Anyway, it should have started yesterday or day before, I believe. But I kept on postponing it. I even asked her pedia, if we can go on with just letting her stay in the sun in the morning. But well, pedia knows best than mothers in some ways. Who can blame me for overreacting? Since day 1 we have that bonding moment and it’s hard to let go. I am afraid that drinking formula milk might cause Bella to refuse my breastmilk that would really break my heart as I intend to breastfed her until we are both ready to let go. Even if I go back to work, I swear to be patient to breast pump and store my milk.
I even tell bella when she’s feeding not to like the milk too much because breastmilk is still best for her. Since she can’t drink milk from me, I use my manual pump to take out the milk. I store it in the fridge for future use. When I have time to read, I search the net for some helpful tips and I found this blog, http://milkstation.blogspot.com/2008/07/stash-or-trash-milk-storage-guidelines.html. It's very informative and I was able to get important information with her own experiences. Tomorrow is the last day for Bella’s formula milk drinking and my breastmilk will resume at around six in the evening. I would know by then which milk she prefers. Hopefully she will still choose her Nanay’s milk because Bella will definitely break Nanay’s heart if she will go for the alternative. If she only knows that no other milk can replace Nanay's breastmilk. And I wouldn't trade for anything the bonding and the eyes that stare at me whenever she's close to my heart. Shucks! I’m a breastmilk advocate??!