Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My birthing story

June 4, 2009. The day our little precious one was born. I can’t explain how I made it through. We were expecting her to come out around the second week of June as my date was due on the 11th of June. But, I kept on talking to my baby when she was still in my womb to wait for her tatay to come home before her grand entrance to the world. And as if she understood. Far-out arrived June 2. I was scheduled for a check up on the 3rd. My OB was telling me that my cervix was high and she still couldn’t reach it. I was planned for another ultrasound on 10th June just in case.

The night of the 3rd, I kept on waking up for some slight pains but shrugged it off. Morning of the 4th, the pain became a little intense but still tolerable for me. I decided to go to the mall to buy some few more things for Bella. We were thinking that it was just a false alarm and the best thing to do was the walk it off.
We ate at Jollibee for breakfast and had lunch at Mann Hann. But the pain was becoming unbearable already around 4PM. Less than a minute contraction and around 10 minute interval. My mind was telling me that it is just false alarm since we just had our check up yesterday and no sign of early delivery.

Far-ouT and I decided to go home around 4:30 PM already as I was really in pain. There was also some brownish discharge. When we got home, the pain was stronger, I also vomited and with another whitish, sticky discharge. Then my mom decided to take me to the hospital. If its false alarm, so be it. We also texted our OB, which at that time was operating on someone, that we are on the way to the hospital.

We arrived around 6:30 PM. We went straight to the delivery room. They IEd me and I was already 5cm. We, including my OB, were all surprised at this development as we were not expecting it this early. When my OB arrived, I was at 8cm. and they were already getting ready for my operation. I was normal delivery but on twilight (I don't know how it is called). Good thing though, I don’t want to elaborate further on how my Doctor explained my not so poised reaction on my delivery. Can you blame me? Finally, at 8:35 PM.

Our baby bella has finally arrived.

No comments: