Friday, November 25, 2011

Moroccan Bath. Let's!

I'm curious for the longest time how Moroccan bath works, I was offered a few times to try the service but not until I got a good deal from cobone that I was able to experience it. The package that I had comes with Moroccan bath, full body massage, full body scrub, dead sea facial and hot oil treatment. It was a steal, but not until I was in to experience the offer. 

Moroccan Bath "It's an intense cleansing and exfoliating massage, which takes one-and- -half-hours to complete, The deep cleansing begins using traditional Moroccan Black cleansing soap, which quickly penetrates the skin breaking up any dead skin cells that accumulate on our bodies over time. A scalp mask is also applied and then the room fills up with steam and relaxed for about twenty minutes to let my skin soften for the exfoliating."

It was an amazing experience to try it for the first time, I could really feel the effect on my skin. I thought that "once a week exfoliating would be enough to remove the dirt and dead skin but when I saw the deep seated dirt visible on my skin, I was like "ewww!" Were these really come out from my skin? But it wasn't comfortable at all. I was conscious the whole time while the procedure was being done.

The Filipina asked me which I preferred first, the Body Massage or the Moroccan bath, I chose the latter. First, because, I have not taken my bath yet I know, right?, and second I do not want to have the bath after the massage which based from previous masseuse, it is not advisable taking a bath after a massage as it will not be good for your body and as per the sayings of our senior citizens aka "matatanda," the "lamig" will go inside our body. I was then led to my own room where I kept my belongings and was requested to remove all my clothes, wear a disposable shorts and was led to the bathroom, which was dark and hot. I was asked to lay down on the bed like area, naked. The lady then started to shower me, then rub me the nice smelling soap, "the black cleansing soap" probably. Then she started the full body scrub. She also did the hot oil treatment.

After the procedure, I feel refresh and my skin was soft and smooth. I was led back to my room for the massage and the dead-sea facial treatment. I know I made the right choice to have the Moroccan bath first because the lady uses lotion instead of massage oil. I felt relax while the massage was on going. The facial was a disappointment for me, as it was only a facial mask and not exactly what I was expecting, it was even a little itchy on my face. I was irritated because the lady didn't remove well the mask she put on my face and didn't even bother to tell me that I had white marks on the face not until one of her colleagues told me so when I was already outside the room! Imagine the embarrassment.

All the services that I got was from Metropolitan Hotel Dubai, SZR.




The services that they offer were

Moroccan Bath Dhs 150 (45 min)
Hot stone treatment Dhs 200 (1 hour)
Thai massage Dhs 200 (1 hour)
Foot spa Dhs 100 (45 min)
Foot massage Dhs 100 (45 min)
Head & shoulder Dhs 100 (45 min)
Facial mud mask Dhs 150
Full body mud mask Dhs 250
Manicure Dhs 60
Pedicure Dhs 60


You may call them at +9714 343 00 00 ext. 6706 // +9714 407 67 06 // +97150 155 65 49. They are open daily from 8:00AM until 12MN.

I don't highly recommend them as they fall short on my expectation for a hotel but nevertheless, after all the services were done, I came out of my room feeling renewed and stress free. It's really nice to pamper yourself once in a while.

All the best,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love This Blog and also Looking for the Best Body mind Relaxing Treatments.Try http://www.kobonaty.com/en/index/category/moroccan-bath-dubai with Better Relaxing packages.