Monday, July 2, 2012

Assessment Day at United International Private School (UIPS)

Another milestone happened to my mini-ME yesterday as she was scheduled for assessment in her school. It really didn't bother me when we went to the school the first time about the assessment. Well, I actually missed that detail. All along, I thought that I am only awaiting the day of enrollment. Until, I was informed by a former colleague that there is actually an assessment. I double checked the details provided by the teacher and there it was! Shoot! Assessment and Enrollment. Oh yeah, that is after the reservation fee was made. Can't we do the assessment first, before reservation?

Nevertheless, my mini-ME already know the alphabet, numbers 1-10, colors, shapes by heart so I wasn't concerned at all.

On the day, There were a lot of kids doing the tests. Some are 3, 4 and 5 years of age.  Bella is 3 years old and 1 month on the assessment day and will be 3 years old and 3 months for kindergarten 1 on September. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to witness what was happening, work-related. I am hearing bits and pieces from Far-ouT and Ate Z (Ate Z is Bella's friend looking after her during the day, yes! we found the one).

Bella behaving before the tests



Beside my mini ME is a kid the same age as she is, both listening to instruction, I guess.



Bella ready for her assessment




Curious about the colorful crayons




Here she goes, I wonder what my mini - ME is doing here though




Busy Bella



Look teacher


My mini-ME passed English 13 over 15 and Math 7 over 10. I'm a proud Nanay! Far-ouT wasn't able to see the actual test, only the result. Nevertheless, that is more than enough to proceed with her enrollment.


Some were recommended to try again when the kid is a year older. Those were the ones who cried the whole time of the assessment. They may not be ready as yet.

One of their requirements is for the child to know how to write their names already, so better start teaching your kid.

The rest were told to follow the enrollment process







Thank goodness, everuthing went well on my mini-ME assessment day.



Far-ouT and yours truly decided to enroll my mini-ME in a summer reading and writing class offered by the school just so to ready her once school year starts on September 9.

All the best,

No comments: