Saturday, May 25, 2013

A decade of Friendship, Love and Marriage

Today is a very special day for us. We are celebrating our 5 years of marriage and 10 years of being together. Far-ouT planned on surprising a dinner date for me but decided to tell me earlier because he also want Bella to come with us but unfortunately, at her age, she was not allowed on a cruise.
I would like to share with you the celebration of our anniversary in Bateaux Dubai.
Complimentary freshly baked breads.

Another treat from the cruise, these ones are really good.




Another complimentary from the place, their Spinach soup - you see, I am not a fan of the green thingy but this is really good.



Finally, I thought I will get full with all the treats but the real thing just gets better.

As a starter, Far-ouT chose Smoked Duck with Wild Mushroom Salad


This has Balsamic Ice cream (yes! you read it right, Ice Cream), Pearl onion Confit, Roasted Pumpkin Seed and Crispy Basil Pesto Melba

And I ordered Pan Seared Scallop and Prawn



Cauliflower Pure, Confit tomato, Green Apple-Celeriac Salad and Squid Ink Parmesan Tuille

I have been asking Far-ouT for a scallop because I haven't experience to taste it until now, what a first! Even with uncommon ingredients, it was a surprised that both starters were really good.

Now for the main course, Far-ouT enjoyed his Lamb Loin and Braised Lamb Shoulder.


Roasted Red Pepper Cous-Cous, Baby Spinach, Zucchini and Goats cheese-Red Onion Tart.
And my main is Beef Fillet with Thyme infused Potato Fondant.




I love the Broccoli Puree, Wild Broccoli, Goat's Cheese Ravioli and Smokey Rosemary Jus. Although the potato fondant was bland, that was the only piece that I have leftover.

 And for desserts, we have chocolate




Cheesecake



So much for food, I want to give you a tour inside and out of the amazing floating restaurant

Big dining area






Going down to the kitchen




transparent glass



My favorite - wash/powder room







Our table



More of sights to see









Before the main course - 10 minutes rest





And a toast to more years to come




Hope you enjoyed the tour,

All the best,

No comments: