Friday, September 4, 2015

My Pregnancy Update

I will be quick with my post. Remember my previous entry were I said that I will be having my glucose tolerance test? After I arrived, they took my urine and blood sample, I had a 70 as fasting baseline. Then after I drank the solution, they took my urine sample 5 minutes before 1 hour, at exactly an hour after, they took another blood sample and the result was 148. I thought that was the end of it. This was the procedure I remembered I had with my mini-ME in St. Luke's Hospital. But then, they asked me to wait for another hour again as they will be taking another urine and blood sample. To my surprised, I wasn't feeling hungry at all, maybe because of the extremely sweet glucose solution and they allowed me to sip water as well. I don't know if this will have an effect with my result but I checked from the internet and found out that this is alright. Anyway, my result was 121 after 2 hours.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what all those results were. I just do my own research from the internet and based from it, I passed the GTT. It was really difficult to come up with this decision. You may be wondering why I am doing this. You see, after 2 days of the test, I was scheduled to see the OB at the clinic, however, it was a different doctor this time as the one usually seeing me was on leave. I wasn't very impressed with this one though. She kept asking the same questions all over again and because of language barrier, I had to ask her to repeat what she was telling me. She also had me ultrasound and she wasn't even saying anything at all. 

And the matter that really got me frustrated was when the Doctor ordered another Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT). I explained to her that I already had it a few days back and she wasn't even listening to me. She pointed my name on the computer monitor and ask me if it was my name, I said yes. She pointed at my record folder and asked me again if it was my name and of course, I said yes again. I was feeling really stupid by what she was doing. She said there was no record of procedure but I really don't want to go through the same fasting for 8 hours because of some error so I insisted that I already had it. Then the nurse may have heard our conversation so she went inside and I repeated myself again. Good thing, the nurse said that she will check in the laboratory and asked me to come with her. When we went there, the Filipina nurse recognized me and vouched that I already had the test. The result, that the Doctor wasn't seeing ,was already in the system so she printed the result and gave it to the nurse. There was also another test that she wants me to go through and both of them were saying that the Doctor is known for ordering tests that wasn't on the package. They advice me to  see the previous Doctor I was seeing as she will be back by end of the month. 

The nurse and I went back to see the Doctor again, the nurse, told her that she already had the result of the test. She was already attending to another patient so she wasn't paying much attention to me anymore. The nurse told her to delete the order on my result and to my dismay, she said - "If I remember". How disappointing. Maybe she wasn't aware I was there. The nurse asked if I can go already and without even seeing my result, she said yes.

The nurse told me to get another appointment already and reminded me to see the previous Doctor. Good thing, when I asked for the next appointment, the Admin said, without me saying a word, that she will schedule me back to Doctor... (sorry, I don't want to name names). And I was relieved. 

I am still hoping I made the right decision on the Hospital I chose. 

All the best,

No comments: