Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Latifa Hospital and then some

Its been awhile since I found out that I was pregnant with Baby #2. Just like my first, I had to go through the phase of morning sickness. Its probably tolerable this time around but I am still not one of the lucky ones who enjoy pregnancy that much especially the first trimester. As far I can remember, the worst part was over for the 2, 3 and 4 month of my pregnancy, I was still throwing up yellow bile until my 5th month though and 6 month was way better. 

From my previous post, I was choosing between Mediclinic City Hospital (private) and Latifa Hospital (government), the maternity package was almost the same but I decided on the latter. I was hesitant choosing a government hospital at first, but after weighing the pros and cons, I decided to go for it.  I read from my research that their hospital is well-equipped and their NICU was so far the best.

The ante-natal package of AED 5000.00 is a prerequisite to give birth in Latifa Hospital. We went straight to the hospital to register during my early stage of pregnancy, but they will refer you to the government clinic near you to register  and pay the package. You need to be at least 4 months pregnant to be able to register.

The administration can be a little gruff and I sometimes get frustrated as there are some who is still not familiar with the coverage of the maternity package. We were asked twice, on two different occasion, to pay for some tests that is already included in the package. Appointments at the hospital were usually about an hour as well. Its a no frills experience but the OB, midwives and nurses in Mankhool Health clinic were very supportive and detailed. 

I am on my third trimester and so far everything in my pregnancy is doing fine except a small fibroid  outside my uterine wall and a 4 kilos weight gain between 5 weeks interval of appointments. I was a little worried as I never had these issues with my first pregnancy. 

I also had my glucose tolerance test recently, were I had to fast for 8 hours. They took my blood and urine sample when I arrived and asked me to drink an extremely sweet and concentrated glucose solution. I had the 75-gram or the two-hour test. They took my urine and blood every hour for 2 hours.

I will have my next appointment and see where I am at. I am hoping no more hiccup will come. 

By the way, on a lighter note, did I mention, we will be having a boy this time? Yey! My OB was like, I don't have to tell you the gender, he is already showing himself.

All the best,

No comments: