Sunday, March 1, 2015

Excuse This Post: I am struggling with Facebook

I am struggling right now. With Facebook. I can't help but raise my eyebrows or roll my eyes every time I read someone else's shout out, negative shout-out for that matter. Let me make a disclaimer first.  Facebook is fun, it gets you connect with people in your life, families, friend, old colleagues, neighbor, etc. I, too, am guilty of posting hateful statements, happy thoughts, and even updating my daily activities with people who I don't know if at all care at some point. But Facebook posts also have negative effects on us. It becomes a place for saying something bad in an indirect and unpleasant way. A form of subtle manipulation, in a backstabbing manner. 

I don't mean you need only to posts the good things in life. But I see some posts of hate towards people, a husband, a boyfriend, a mistress, an enemy. What do you get from revealing your most intimate feelings to the world? Do you feel relieved after posting your family problems? Do you think people will even care if your husband is having an affair? Or that you need money? or your pet died? or that you cut yourself? Or how you criticize people because you think you are superior? How far can you go exposing your life to strangers. Why do you want people to know just how miserable your life is right now? 

Why do you even post your prayers to God for heaven sake or Thanking Him for all your Blessings in a post? This is beyond connecting to social media. 

I hope these people will realize the limitations of technology. Abusing the benefit of what we are enjoying is not good. Use it sparingly.

Now I know a lot of you will argue with me. You'll say, its my Facebook account, its none of your business what I post. I understand that we run our own lives. Its fine with me. We are all entitled to our own opinion, you have yours, I have mine. And I say, you are a sad case. So now, Ignore me. 


No comments: