Monday, May 16, 2011

2nd birthday Preparations

I know! I know! I have lots of backlogs from my posts. I have recent food trippings these past few days but I want to reserve those for some other time and make way for what's more important event coming my way. I am awaiting the arrival of my dearest Bella. At last! After 7 months of absence I can't wait to see and hug my daughter again.

But then again, due to excitement, I forgot to prepare that she will also be celebrating her 2nd birthday on June 4! Omigosh! It totally slip my mind! Good thing, Far-ouT was the one who reminded me on where to celebrate it.

Honestly, its difficult to prepare parties in Dubai, aside from the fact that you have limited options, sad that we will not be able to celebrate the occasion with your family and friends but still, we have to be thankful with what we have at the moment and make the most out of it.

To start of, to make it easier for me, I always use 2 guidelines. First, as I have mentioned during my recent event preparation, every time I am start my preps, I always think of my theme, always my guide to incorporate all my ideas at the end of the day. Secondly, I scout for possible suppliers, this is where my ever reliable N@W comes in for the inspiration.

Bella's first birthday party was a hit! I love all the details of it. Honestly, I am not fond of the usual theme for girls, Disney princess, Dora, etc. I want something unique but cost effective. After a few options, I finally decided on my theme. I had to consider that Bella's birthday falls on summer in Dubai which is definitely hot already. Not very ideal for outdoor party.  But I wanted something summery. So Whimsical summer party came up! and everything about pinwheel!


I love this table set-up, fun-loving mood for the summer table.



These thank you cards are simply fabulous.


and so is this.



What about this party favors?





I am still in the process of deciding which from these 4 beautiful cakes I'd choose

A

B

C

D


From the above 4 designs, which one would you choose?

I am loving pinwheels!




Pinwheels makes me happy, indeed.

More to come.

No comments: