Friday, July 29, 2011

Classic Vintage, Timeless style

If I were to marry again, I'll definitely have a classic vintage wedding. I was actually thinking to use this theme with any of Bella's occasion, her 18th birthday perhaps? But when she reach that certain age that she can already decide for herself, she may want something else so I'll just hold on to my thoughts and hope that we will want that for her debut, or if one day, Far-ouT decided to marry me again on our 25th year anniversary, then I will make sure everything would be classic vintage. I was able to read a few things about this style and would like to share it with you.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and then imagine the phrase ‘Classic.’ What do you see? Perhaps it is a red 1965 Ford Mustang convertible zooming around a two-lane road near the ocean being driven by Steve McQueen. What is he wearing? It might very well be a snap-button Western shirt, Levi’s 501 jeans, cowboy boots with a story to tell, and distinctive sunglasses. Who’s in the front seat with him? Imagine it’s his co-star from the movie, “The Thomas Crown Affair,” Faye Dunaway. She’s wearing a classic 1970’s dress highlighting her curves; her headscarf prevents her blonde hair from being taken by the wind. She also is wearing a unique pair of sunglasses.

Their style is something that is timeless. And each decade has many actors and actresses who have epitomized this timeless style. In the 1970’s you might think about the hip Richard Roundtree dressed in a slim turtleneck, polyester pants and leather jacket from the classic movie “Shaft.” While 1989 brought a slightly different type of style full of teen angst from the movie “The Breakfast Club,” starring Molly Ringwald in her 1980’s women’s blouse or top.

What if a certain look or item of clothing could capture the feeling you continue to get from watching these films? You just need the original clothing! Since you are unable to walk into your nearest department store and newly purchase the same outfits each of your screen icons were wearing ‘back then,’ you have to take a more unique approach to acquire this vintage clothing. By the way, any item of clothing that is older than 15 years is considered ‘vintage.’

By combining ‘classic’ and ‘vintage,’ you now have the ability to wear the original clothing from the big screen or even transfer the feelings you had from watching these classic films to a unique and distinctive item of clothing. Perhaps you had a parent or another person you admired who always wore just the right outfits from the 1960’s, 1970’s or 1980’s. Maybe you were born in the wrong decade and you need to wear the right clothes to get you back ‘home.’ Classic vintage gives you the outlet to pull off your ‘look.’

Classic Vintage is really a ‘call to action’ for people who want to have limitless self-expression. It means being dedicated to the art of creating a unique, distinctive and timeless look that can’t be duplicated. By taking classic vintage clothing from one decade such as dresses, groovy jeans, a western shirt or maybe a cool vest, you can combine items from other decades, such as the 1970’s and 1980’s to create a one-of-a-kind look! Classic vintage means you are wearing clothing that is gently used, full of rich and colorful past all the while allowing you to maximize your self-expression.

The next time you think classic, think classic vintage. Classic Vintage really is timeless style. - By Mark Sincevich


See how amazing this style is? Far-ouT, Bella, Mame and yours truly went to the City Centre today and I saw these shoes that I can't get out of my mind. I am having second thoughts though on the high heels as I am not use to wearing one but these style are definitely a beauty, in light brown and yellow color. I like the yellow one better but it would be a choosy on wardrobe.



I will not reveal yet the brand, as I am thinking hard if these will be on my purchase list in next few days to come or I will just let it pass by, which I think I cannot resist the urge. I am already imagining the shoes on with the perfect dress but well, let see. It may just be another spurt of the moment.

No comments: