Saturday, October 23, 2010

How to make a tasty Adobo

I was having a hard time adjusting with my new work and I seem to confuse myself with everything. Its frustrates me, really but I am fighting the urge to just give up. That would be unfair. I know I can do it, I just needed a little more time, blame it on my difficulty understanding anything about numbers. All I can do right now is ignore the embarassment that my mistakes are making. Ignore some critisism that I am hearing and just deal with my job. I know sooner or later, I'll get the hang of it.

I don't want to think about it anymore. The more I get affected, the more I'll be frustrated, so enough of the heavy stuff. On a lighter side, I am happy with my recent dish, Adobo. Its easier to cook and is inexpensive as well. It is another menu that I remember cooking aside from Ginisang Ampalaya.

First, I cut all the ingredients, 1 big onion, 7 gloves of garlic, potatoes, chicken and pork.


I did not proceed immediately with cooking everything, as what Adobo way of cooking usually does. To make the potato, chicken and pork tastier, I separately boiled it first with Soy sauce and 2 tablespoon of water and a little sugar.


Once all are tender and absorb the taste, instead of sauteing the onion, I made the garlic a little crispy first then mix the onion with it.

See how garlicky my dish was? I was kindda aiming for that, really.



Sorry, I wasn't able to get a shot of the onion.

Anyway, I put the pork first, then chicken and the pototoes. Then I separate made the soy sauce, a little amount of vinegar, a little water and sugar. Remember not to stir it once you put the vinegar, it will show the strong smell of it. Mix it only when it boils.



The verdict? Simply, Perfect!

No comments: