Friday, September 10, 2010

If you can't beat Dengue, Fight them

I am one of the mommies who's getting paranoid with Dengue epidemic, even if our government doesn't want to announced an outbreak yet, still, the growing number of children being affected by it, is so scary. I do not want to elaborate further on information about this dengue virus as I'm sure most of you have probably done your homework as well.


I don't want Bella to experience again the trauma of blood extraction when we suspected Dengue on her the last time. As prevention, we made sure that all our areas are free of stagnant water, I use repellent in our room during the day and use mosquito net to protect my Bella and yours truly during the night. I don't take chances even if they only attack during the day.

For added protection, I also put insect repellent lotion on my Bella if we cannot avoid going outside.

I am currently using Jason's quit bugging me! which I bought from healthy options. It is a natural insect repellant lotion spray.

 
It keeps bugs at bay for up to 3 hours. Deet, PABA and Paraben Free. It is easy to use and safe for kids.

This hydrating lotion helps keep mosquitoes, gnats, horseflies, black and biting flies at bay.

Active Ingredients: Soybean Oil (2%), Geranium Oil (2%)

Inert Ingredients (96%): Purified water, Coconut oil, Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerine, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Benzoate

Caution: For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation or rash appears. Prolonged or frequent repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Avoid contact with mouth and eyes.

To Use: Shake well before use. Apply liberally to all exposed areas of the skin every 3 hours.

I just didn't like the strong smell of the product, nevertheless, it is effective on protecting my Bella from the mosquito virus.

I previously used shoo fly 60 ml Spray bottle of Indigo products, I like the smell better, but it doesn't last longer so I have to apply frequently. The reason I check other natural products and came across quit bugging me. I have yet to try Human Nature Citronella Bug Spray.

No comments: