Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bella is running the Mommy Milkshake Marathon

When I heard about the Mommy Milkshake Marathon fun run organized by mommy mundo, I immediately SMS my friends and invited them and their kids to participate in the said event. I convince them that this would be the opportunity to introduce our kids to sports. The family friendly run is open to expectant moms, moms and dads, breastfeeding moms, babies, and kids, all members of the family, and run enthusiasts.

We register ourselves via e-mail and got the confirmation a day after. There were 2 options on where to claim your run kits. My friend and I went to Market! Market! to pay and get our racer at the same time.

We were surprised to find out that our names were not included on the list, so the person in-charge called the office and check, thank goodness we were on it.


However, we were disappointed when we were informed that the shirts for kids were no longer available.



They gave us adult medium sizes which are really so big for my bella. Below, I picture the mommy mundo shirt and Bella's to see the difference.



There is nothing I can do to make bella fit in this oversized shirt, I planned to have it altered, however, I doubt if there's anything that can be done. They said kids can just wear anything pink during the event, but it would be nicer if they could wear the similar ones. They also mentioned that there are already 300+ participants on this event, the reason why they run out of kid shirts. I thought they were expecting 400? The kid sizes were out of stock since August 2 and we were there August 3. They last day of registration is August 4. I guess more moms and kids will be disappointed. In my opinion, the shirt itself is not important but wearing a running shirt is something to be proud of.

Without much of a choice, we still decided to push through with it anyway. Registration fee for Adults is Php 200, Php 100 for kids 3 to 16 years old and babies below 3 years old can join for free. But they would not be given run kit. Another bad deal. So I had to pay Php 100 for a one year old baby to get her a run kit as well.



My Bella is number 096 and Nanay is 095 to run 3K at Bonifacio Global City on Sunday, August 8, 2010. Goodluck to us. I hope Bella will not ask for Dede while running. Hahaha!

Despite the few glitches, we still wish to have fun on this bonding moment and looking foward to run with fellow moms and kids.

No comments: